Home World News US confirms that attack on naval base was an act of terrorism and expels 21 …

banneraliexp

US confirms that attack on naval base was an act of terrorism and expels 21 …

by Ace Damon
US confirms that attack on naval base was an act of terrorism and expels 21 ...

Today´s Deals

Rescuers service after Pensacola, Florida air base shooting, December 6, 2019Rescuers Rescue After Pensacola, Florida Airborne Shooting, December 6, 2019 | Photo: FBI / AFP

The shooting at an air base in Pensacola, Florida, in December was "an act of terrorism motivated by jihadist ideology," US Attorney General William Barr told a news conference on Monday. ) in Washington, according to local media. The US announced that 21 Saudi Arabian cadets doing military training in the country would be sent back to Saudi Arabia.

This is your free story of the day. Subscribe now and get unlimited access.R $ 0.99 in 1st month

Mohammed Alshamrani, a 21-year-old Saudi Arabian military pilot attending a training program, opened fire inside the base on the morning of December 6, leaving three US sailors dead and several people injured.

The gunman, who was killed by police during the attack, had a history of anti-American and anti-Israel social media publications, Barr said. A post by Alshamrani on September 11, on the anniversary of the 2011 terrorist attacks on the US, said "the countdown has begun."

bannerscj

Cadets who have been expelled from the US are not charged with involvement in the case. However, 17 of the Saudis in training had anti-American or jihadist content on social networks, and 15 had contact with child pornography, Barr said. They boarded back to the Saudi kingdom on Monday.

Saudi Arabia is a major US military partner. The December attack has triggered closer scrutiny of the US foreign military training program and may have complicated relations between the two countries as tensions between the United States and Iran, Saudi Arabia's rival in the region, are mounting. increased.

Barr told the news conference that Apple had not collaborated so far that the FBI could unblock the shooter's two mobile phones. Earlier, Apple said it had already handed over to the FBI "all data in our possession," according to Reuters.

Recommended Shopping

banneraliexp

DIVIDER1

Leave a Comment

5 × 2 =

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More