This week, on Inside the Hive, CNN’s Jake Tapper joins Joe Hagan for a wide-ranging conversation, from his role in covering Donald Trump to the exciting new war movie The Outpost, based on the nonfiction book by Tapper, 2012, about a harrowing battle between 53 US service members and more than 400 Taliban in which eight Americans were killed. Tapper describes his emotional reaction to reports that Trump ignored information about Russia paying Taliban insurgents to kill American soldiers. He also addresses the theory that CNN itself is partially to blame for Trump’s rise and explains what motivates his reporting in a world where Watergate-sized revelations rarely move the needle of public opinion.
iTunes user? Just touch on here to listen to Inside the Hive, at your convenience. And don’t forget to subscribe.
More great Vanity Fair stories
– The parallel universe of Ivanka Trump, the dissociated princess of America
– “No, I’m not well”: a black journalist speaks to his white friends
– Why the bankrupt Hertz is a pandemic zombie
– Scenes of fury and grief in the Minneapolis protests
– Civil rights lawyer Brandi Collins-Dexter on why Facebook chooses Trump over democracy
– Democrats’ Texas blue fever dream may finally come true
– From the archive: Taking stock of Melania Trump, the Unprepared – and lonely – FLOTUS
Looking for more? Sign up for our daily Hive newsletter and never miss a story.