Breaking up is a hard thing to go through, yet it is something that happens to all of us at one time or another in our lives. That is little comfort, however, for you if you have just recently broken up with your girlfriend. Look, there’s no easy way around it; it’s tough and it hurts. It can be difficult to sort all those feelings out, but all you know right now is that you want to get your ex girlfriend back. Here are some tips to help you patch things up, and with a bit of luck, be happily together again.
1. Give it time. This tip isn’t always easy to follow, but it can make the difference between staying split up for good or getting back together. Remember, you have both gone through the break up. Everybody deals with things at their own pace, so you need to give yourself plenty of time to think about things. You also need to give your ex girlfriend time to think about things.
2. Be objective. Relationships are emotional, no question about it. But you have to able to look back at what may have went wrong without letting your emotions get in the way. What things could you have done better, What were your shortcomings, What would you do differently, What was the final straw that caused the break up, The more objective and truthful you can be when answering these questions, the better.
3. Make contact. Assuming you have given it enough time, and have a good handle on what really went wrong, it’s time to get a hold of your ex girlfriend. The trick to doing this the right way is to take small steps. You don’t want to spill your guts and tell her everything the first time you talk to her. In fact, you should have only one goal when you talk to her, and that is to be able to talk to her again. If you can keep doing that, then you are definitely on the path toward getting back together.
4. Meet in person. After you have talked a few times, and if things seem to be going well, you can set up a meeting. The purpose of this is to just talk face to face. Whatever you do, do not call it a date. Meet in a public place that you both consider neutral. Doing this keeps both of you on even ground and will help to move the conversation along more smoothly.
5. Discuss the future. Good, now you’re talking. If you have done the previous steps right, then you are at the point where you can start talking about getting back together. Now, it won’t all be fun and games. You will need to talk about the past and what went wrong. Then discuss how you will both work to avoid making the same mistakes.
Is it really possible to get your ex girlfriend back, You bet it is! Will it be easy, Probably not, but the things most worth fighting for rarely are.